Do you love someone enough to give them your last Rolo?
Why not take it next level and make them this easy Rolo inspired dessert for Valentine's Day? The recipe makes 2 but you can easily double it if yo have more than one love in your life or like me just love dessert.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Puddings
Caramel centre 100g dulce de leche (Carnation caramel works great. Save the extra for another use)
A table spoon of golden syrup
A hearty Pinch of sea salt flakes
60g good quality dark chocolate broken into bits.
60g unsalted butter (plus a bit more for buttering your ramekins)
60g icing sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon of good quality vanilla.
25g plain flour
Pinch of salt
Cocoa to dust
1. Make the caramel centres by mixing all the ingredients together and then pop into the freezer for about 45 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 220c and generously butter 2 ramekins (about 10cm in diameter) then dust with cocoa and tap out any excess, place ramekins on a baking tray, and pop in the fridge to chill.
3. Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the butter and chocolate on high for 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval until the chocolate and butter make a smooth sauce like consistency. Be careful to not over melt the chocolate as it can burn quite easily.
4. Add the sugar to the chocolate mixture, whisk until smooth. Then wish in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla till combined.
5. Gently whisk in the flour & salt, till there are no traces of flour left.
6. Remove the ramekins from the fridge and divide the batter evenly into prepared ramekins.
7. Take the frozen caramel from the freezer. Scoop out about a tablespoon, roll into a ball and place in the centre of the batter. Poking it in until it's covered in batter. Pop back into the fridge for 20 minutes.
8. Bake for about 14 minutes. They will be done when the edges are set and the top has a firm wiggle in it.
9. Allow cakes to cool in ramekins for about 1 minute, gently run a paring knife around the edges of ramekins and carefully turn out onto the serving dish. May need a little tap to help release. over serving dishes to dislodge cakes.
10. Serve warm, then get Valentines hot!.